Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rejoice with Me

Last Friday and Saturday, I was blessed to be able to attend the Eucharistic Congress in Charlotte, NC.  For more info, see here: http://www.goeucharist.com/

My DS attended the congress on Saturday, and was able to take in the children's track.  Between the children's track and the AMAZING mass on Saturday evening, we were able to go shopping.  Every year we seem to buy one more Rosary.  How many is too many any way?  The one he wanted was an beautiful gold filigree bead rosary from Italy.  The one he got was a beautiful yellow light catching beaded rosary from Italy.  One was $60, the one he got was considerably less.

But I lose sight of why I am rejoicing (not the saving money).....

So, now that he has a rosary that he likes, he asked if we could pray the rosary together every day on the way to school!  On Monday, we made it through the beginning and the first two decades of joyful mysteries together.  Tuesday, we forgot until we were lined up in the carpool line to jump out of the car (too late) .  Today, we picked up where we left off (on joyful mysteries) and prayed the third decade together.

It just makes my heart smile.

I am going to enjoy this while I can, since going to Sunday school and mass are still a weekly point of struggle.  We go, he struggles.  Apparently, there are graces coming through that are greater than I can see or hear or sense on my own!

No comments: